For the final Best of 2015 post I thought I’d mention my favourite restaurants from 2015, new and old, the places I’ve loved trying and returning to this year.
1. One Pico – a firm favourite for us and easily top of this list, a restaurant we return to time and time again over the years and no doubt will continue to do so. A lovely spot for dinner but probably my favourite way to enjoy One Pico is over a leisurely weekend lunch.
2. Ravine Vineyard, St. Davids – a new find on our couple of trips to Ontario wine country this Summer was Ravine Vineyard. I loved everything about this place, trying (and buying) wines in their tasting rooms as well as the stunning food in the casual easy setting of their restaurant. And it’s in a place I truly adore and will return to at any opportunity.
3. Mulcahys – a highlight of our time in Kenmare this Summer. A really outstanding dining experience, helped along by enjoying a super New Zealand Pinot Noir by Paddy Borthwick with all of the delicious food including this fantastic lemon sole.
4. Campagne – while enjoying a weekend away in Kilkenny we booked dinner at Campagne, a Michelin star restaurant in Kilkenny. We were wowed by the quality of the food for the price, especially given it’s Michelin star. We’ve recommended Campagne to many and I’m hoping we can return during 2016 ourselves. The Vadouvan Spiced Carrots side were a standout!
5. Toto’s – in the early days of 2015, we were in London. We happened upon this gorgeous restaurant by chance. Totally taken by it’s mews style setting in Knightsbridge, we booked for that evening and enjoyed some of the most beautiful pasta dishes. I don’t think I’ve beaten that pasta at any point later in 2015 and should I find myself in London again in 2016, Toto’s will be on my list!
One honorary mention, one of which is very recent and yet to be blogged, brunch at America Restaurant in Toronto was one of my favourite experiences of this year, stunning tapas style brunch dishes, perfectly executed in a beautiful setting.
The 5 (or 6) places we’ve loved and enjoyed during 2015. Excited to see what 2016 brings… Happy New Year!