Brunch – a wonderful invention! This was a hard one to narrow down but here are our favourites from the year…and just in time for the weekend too. Enjoy!
1. We started the new year in London, and enjoyed a fabulous breakfast at the Electric Diner in Notting Hill. Avocado & eggs, a perfect combo!
2. Another one from abroad, this is more on the lunch side of brunch but we were there for brunch so it’s making this list. The Carbonara at Via Vai in Toronto, just look…
3. Smoked Salmon and a poached egg is another lovely breakfast brunch combination… and I loved my ‘Scandi Eggs’ at The Restaurant in Brown Thomas, Dublin
4. Mexican Eggs at The Cookbook Cafe in Glasthule – Baked Eggs Mexican Style, ranch style sauce, chorizo, creme fraiche, Monterrey jack, chilli, salsa, warm tortilla’. Soft tortilla wraps and salsa was the perfect accompaniment to this melty tomatoey eggy loveliness
5. And a more recent brunch at The Pigeon House in Delgany. It was hard to pick just one of the 3 dishes so including all of them! A Salad with Chicken Bacon, Avocado, Rocket, Baby Gem, Butterhead Lettuce; Baked Eggs & Ham; Pancakes, Bacon, Maple Syrup…
See how good Brunch can be! Can’t wait to try more places next year 🙂
I can’t leave this post here there as just returned from a short break to Toronto and had the most sensational brunch at America Restaurant… full review to come but wow, it was incredible and included these Eggs Florentine.