A combined post of my Top 5 from the last couple of months.
1. Starting with Etto, loved my visit here, took ages for me to visit, it was on the list a LONG time… totally worth it though and can’t wait to go back, just fab!
2. A massively popular post on Gin & Griddle, our visit to The Old Spot on Bath Avenue, Dublin 4… this is a great addition to the food scene in Dublin, a proper gastro pub eatery.
3. Holidays! In October, we holidayed in Cork, staying in the lovely Castlemartyr Resort. A really wonderful stay, and will definitely be returning, hopefully sooner rather than later!
4. Whilst in east Cork we visited 2 places that we loved, Farmgate in Midleton and Pat Shortts Bar in Castlemartyr village… Farmgate is a bakery and store at the front and a cafe / restaurant space at the back. A highlight of our visit to Farmgate – those mussels! Pat Shortts is a great little spot, easy good food and nice atmosphere.
5. The new Fallon & Byrne in The People’s Park, Dun Laoghaire, newly opened and situated in a beautifully restored building, the former tea rooms. A sensitive refurbishment, a luxury feel inside, a very pleasant place to spend a while, although its certainly not cheap!
And finally a bonus entry… Marlay Park, Rathfarnham, Dublin on Saturday 29th November 2014…Autumnal colours at the start of Winter, just beautiful!