These are really easy to make and the best thing is you can make in advance, and reheat (or eat them cold) so they make a perfect morning pre gym or work breakfast on the go… this recipe will make 6 muffins.
- 3 Large Free Range Eggs
- 60g Cream Cheese (I used the ‘lightest’ Philadelphia but you can use any of the types of cream cheese or flavoured either)
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil (or similar)
- Fillings (feel free to change this up as you you prefer!)
- 50g Broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 60g Chicken, finely torn / chopped
- 1 Small Onion, finely chopped
- 50g Button Mushrooms, finely sliced
Preheat your oven to 180. In a pan, lightly fry the onion and mushrooms. Steam the broccoli in a microwave for 1 minute or boil just to al dente so the broccoli still has some firmness. Chop the chicken (or buy a packet of pre torn / chopped chicken like I did!). In a bowl mix the filling ingredients together. In a seperate bowl or jug whisk the cream cheese and eggs together with salt & pepper.
Lightly grease / oil the muffin holes in the tin including the sides. Add a tablespoonfull of the filing ingredients to each one. Pour over the egg mixture evenly into each and place the remainder of the fillings on top.
Place in the oven for approx. 20-25 minutes until slightly risen and golden. Use a knife to loosen the egg muffin from the sides of the tin and they should come our pretty cleanly. Enjoy!